Join the Team
Techniquest Glyndwr is an educational charity and science discovery centre that aims to:
- Inspire creative public engagement to cover a wide range of scientific concepts;
- Stimulate school age pupils and their teachers to engage in STEM subjects;
- Develop a strong educational and public programme of activities;
- Deliver a varied training programme for Science Communicator staff.
From time to time, as part of the continued development of the business, Techniquest Glyndŵr seeks talented and experienced science centre professionals.
This helps to ensure the continued high quality delivery and development of STEM engagement, CPD activities, funded projects, as well as activities for educational and public audiences.
We have job vacancies in our team.
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Closing Date: Friday 02 November 2018
The role will involve presenting science shows and workshops to school and community groups both from the science discovery centre and as outreach at schools, colleges and community venues across the region.
Other aspects of the role include hosting school groups on their visit to the centre, greeting customers upon entrance, and serving customers in the science shop.
This role is the public face of the organisation and the main interface with the customers. The role is varied and can include travel across North Wales and Northwest England.
A comprehensive training programme is provided.
The ability to speak welsh is highly desirable.
A full driving licence is essential in order to drive company vehicles
The successful applicant will have:
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for science and technology
- An awareness of curriculum requirements and/or current educational initiatives
- Excellent team-working ability
Further details: Job Description
Applications must be made online via the Glyndwr University website