Interactive Science Discovery Centre, North Wales
|Age 3 or under||Free||Free|
|Any 4 Visitors||£22.00||£20.00|
|Age 3 or under||Free||Free|
|Any 4 Visitors||£19.80||£18.00|
Techniquest Glyndŵr is...
... the only place in North Wales you will find live science shows, 65 hands-on interactive activities, science garden plus our crazy science shop.
We're housed inside an unusual looking building right in the middle of the Glyndŵr University Campus. The science discovery centre offers a self-guided tour through all the exhibits and all the exhibits are from the world of science and illusions, great for hands-on interactive play and education, for all.
Check out our computer science clubs, astronomy sessions and play dates for toddlers, all inside Techniquest Glyndŵr.
The Dinosaurs are coming to Techniquest Glyndwr...
2019's first Annual Pass event arrives on January 5th 2019 and it's set to be one of the best yet!
Annual Pass holders will have the opportunity to examine REAL Dinosaur teeth and fossils as well as check out a meteorite which has kindly been loaned to us from the National Museum of Wales.
Take part in a Dinosaur hunt running through the entire centre and earn a reward once you've completed it!
We're going dino-crazy with crafts to make your own Dinosaur as well as digging in our very own fossil pit, what will you find?
With chances to meet Dennis the Dinosaur and win prizes throughout the day, this is set to be one of the must-go events at Techniquest Glyndwr, you don't want to miss it!
Haven't got an annual pass? You can buy yours at the desk on the day or beforehand in centre.
More things to do:
Phone: 01978 293400
Address: Techniquest Glyndŵr
Glyndŵr University Campus
RM & LR were here
Please use the form below to sign up for news events and offers.
- What is Techniquest Glyndŵr?Techniquest Glyndŵr (formerly TECHNIQUEST@NEWI) is a Science Discovery Centre with over 65 hands-on interactive exhibits designed to challenge visitors understanding of science in a fun and educational way.
- Do I have to pay to visit?Yes, Techniquest Glyndŵr charges a nominal admission fee. Admission is valid for the full day of your visit and you are free to come and go as you please. See admission price details.Yes, Techniquest Glyndŵr charges a nominal admission fee. Admission is valid for the full day of your visit and you are free to come and go as you please. See admission price details.
- Where is the centre?Techniquest Glyndŵr is located on the Wrexham Glyndŵr University campus on Mold Road, Wrexham. We are clearly signposted from the A483/A541 junction. See a detailed road map.
- When are you open?Techniquest Glyndŵr is open all year, 6 days a week from Tuesday to Sunday. We are also open Mondays during Wrexham school holidays and Bank Holidays. See our opening times calendar.
- How long do we need to spend at the centre?Our research tells us that most visitors spend between 2.5 and 3.5 hours at the centre but everybody is different! Remember, not only do we have over 65 hands-on exhibits to keep you enthralled, but on peak days we also have a science show, which last about 30 minutes, included as part of your visit.
- How can I pay for our visit?We accept payment by cash, Switch, Visa and MasterCard.
- Is there anywhere to get something to eat and drink?We have a selection of hot and cold drinks, crisps, chocolate and sweets available to buy in the shop. You are also welcome to bring your own food to the centre. We have a seated indoor café area, in addition to picnic benches outside. Please note that your entry sticker to Techniquest Glyndŵr is valid all day, so you are free to pop out for lunch and return to the centre later on.
- Does Techniquest Glyndŵr have a membership scheme?Yes! Our Annual Membership scheme offers visitors 12 months of unlimited admission for a very reasonable price. Members receive discounts in our shop and additional benefits such as invitations to member-only events and discounted birthday parties. See more details about the Techniquest Glyndŵr Annual Pass.
- Can I leave my children at the centre and collect them later?Children 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all times during their visit. Unfortunately we cannot allow a child in to the centre unless they are with a responsible adult 18 years of age or older. The only exception is for pre-booked TechZone sessions.
- What time are the science shows?Show times vary according to demand. A typical peak day schedule will include 2 shows, one at 1:00pm and the second at 3:30pm. Please check on arrival for that day’s schedule. Show seats are offered on a first come, first served basis and admission to the centre is not a guarantee of seeing a science show. We always try to offer more shows during busy periods. Unfortunately we are unable to offer science shows on off-peak days.
- I have a discount voucher, when can I use it?This will depend on the type of voucher you have. Please check the terms and conditions and the expiry date. We regret that we cannot accept out-of-date vouchers.
- Can I get to the centre by public transport?Yes! Train and bus links are available, please see our Directions page for more information.
- Is there car/coach parking near by?There is parking available on the University campus for public visitors, however we cannot guarantee the availability of spaces. We regret that there is currently no provision for coach parking by the centre.
- Do you have an access statement?Yes, you can view our access statement here.
- How can I check for lost property?All lost property is handed in at reception. Please check there before you leave the centre to see if your item has been found. If you need to check after your visit then please call 01978 293450. Lost property is only held for a limited time.
- Can I leave my children at the centre and collect them later?Children aged 15 or under MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times during their visit unless they are taking part in an activity which specifically states that children will be looked after. Young people aged 15 to 17, however, may visit the centre unaccompanied.
- Can we bring school groups to visit?Yes! Techniquest Glyndŵr offers a vibrant and comprehensive National Curriculum based schools programme for KS1-4 pupils. Available Tuesday to Friday during term time and with reduced admission rates for pre-booked groups of 10+ pupils.
- I’m a school teacher; can I make a pre-visit before bringing my class?Yes! We actively encourage teachers to visit the centre and see for themselves what we have to offer. To arrange your free visit please call 01978 293400.
- We would like to bring a school group, what facilities do you have for eating a packed lunch?For pre-booked groups we can offer our lunch room for your party to eat packed lunches during the visit. We will schedule a time slot for this facility for you.
- Where can I find out more information about the school sessions available?The easiest way is to take a look at our Education Programme online.
- What do you charge for a school visit?...
- Can I leave my children at the centre and collect them later?Techniquest Glyndŵr offers reduced admission rates for schools and groups. Please call 01978 293400 for price details.
- Can you invoice my school?Yes, school bookings are invoiced after your visit unless you specifically request to pay on the day.
- Do I need to pre-book my school/group visit?Yes, it is essential that you pre-book your visit. Spaces are limited and our school sessions do fill up fast. To avoid disappointment please call 01978 293400 and book today.
- Do you have facilities for disabled visitors?Techniquest Glyndŵr is keen to offer help and support to visitors with special needs. There is easy wheelchair access, including a lift, to all parts of the building. Please discuss your particular needs with us when you book. You can see a copy of our access statement here.
- Do you cater for additional learning needs?Many of our activities can be adapted for students with additional learning needs. Please discuss your particular group needs with us when you book.
- Can I have a copy of your risk assessment?All exhibits, shows and activities within the Science Discovery Centre have been assessed for individual risks related to them. You can download a copy of the Risk Assessment here. We welcome school teachers or group leaders to make a free pre-visit to asses the facility in accordance with their school or groups needs.