Wednesday August 1st this year is a great day for kids in Wrexham. Lots of free activities for children to have fun.
Not only is it the ever popular Pay Day organised by Wrexham County Borough Play Services Department but it is also the day that Techniquest Glyndŵr and Ty Pawb are getting together to offer a special Family Fun Day in the town centre.
Techniquest Glyndŵr is opening up the former TJ Hughes building again to offer a huge range of specially arranged activities and will be open between 11am and 4.30pm.
Entry to all venues is free!
The activities arranged by Techniquest Glyndŵr include:
- A virtual reality under water immersive experience within our StarDome
- Diddy Car Races
- A range of interactive science exhibits brought from the main centre at Plas Coch
- A cardboard construction zone
- Virtual reality experiences - provided by Wrexham Glyndŵr University
- A mock-up newsreader set where visitors can produce their own newscast - provided Wrexham Glyndŵr University
- Robotic Dementia cats - provided by Glyndŵr University
- A stand with carnivorous plants with short presentations about biodiversity and climate change - provided by Bangor University
- Stalls featuring a number of small local businesses offering their wares
- and of course lots of circus skills demos
Over the road in Chester Street, Ty Pawb is organising their own activities to engage with families.
- POP ART! – A Drawing disco for children for children of all ages where you can make your own neon artworks to chart music. activities
- Face Painting from 11am – 1pm and
- The Ty Pawb Treasure Hunt – Free and suitable for children of all ages.